Gregory B. Thomlison, Esq.
Gregory B. Thomlison, Esq. believes it is important for an attorney to use their skill set and experience to assist people, especially in times of crisis. Greg has a client-centered approach to representation; he understands it is the client who has to live with the results of their case. This allows Greg to present creative options to his clients to address their specific needs without simply resorting to providing “cookie cutter” advice. Greg understands the toll of litigation on separating families and uses his experience to attempt to minimize that toll. Greg routinely serves as a mediator in divorce matters, both privately and court-appointed.
Greg’s interest in family law started in law school and his practice has been entirely devoted to family law issues since then. While attending Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, Greg received multiple awards for his work protecting victims of domestic violence (the Mary L. Philbrook Memorial Award, the Lisa and Kolin Pimental Memorial Award, and the Rutgers School of Law Pro Bono Publico Award). After law school, Greg served as a law clerk to the then-Presiding Judge of the Family Part of Burlington County, the Honorable Patricia B. Roe. Following his clerkship, Greg devoted his entire practice to family law. Greg is the former partner of Kerr & Thomlison, LLC in Toms River, New Jersey and joined the Law Firm of Matthew R. Abatemarco, Esq., LLC in October of 2018.
Greg is presently the Chair of the Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee. Prior to chairing the committee, Greg was a regular speaker at the Family Law Committee’s annual seminars and continues to moderate the seminars in his role as Chair. Greg also serves on the District IIIA Ethics Committee as an investigator, presenter, and Panelist. Greg is a member of the Statewide Family Law Chairs ESP Committee. Greg regularly volunteers as an Early Settlement Panelist and Intensive Settlement Panelist to assist the Court in resolving difficult cases. Greg is a volunteer for South Jersey Legal Services’ Family Assist program, where he provides pro bono consultations with indigent parties seeking advice regarding divorce matters.
- Presently the Chair of the Ocean County Bar Assoc. Family Law Committee
- Early Settlement Panelist for the Court
- Intensive Settlement Panelist for the Court
- Court-appointed Guardian Ad Litem
- Court-appointed Counsel for alleged incapacitated individual
- Moderator: Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee’s annual Family Law Seminar – 2014 Amendments to the Alimony Statute Seminar, 2019. The panelists included the Honorable Madelin F. Einbinder, PJFP (Ocean County), the Honorable Valter Must, JSC (Ocean County), the Honorable Lawrence R. Jones, JSC (ret.), Frank Louis, Esq. (Toms River, New Jersey), and Joe Gunteski, CPA (Toms River, New Jersey)
- Speaker: Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee’s annual Family Law Seminar – Cyber Harassment Seminar, 2018
- Speaker: Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee’s annual Family Law Seminar – Child Support Seminar, 2017
- Speaker: Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee’s annual Family Law Seminar – Domestic Violence Seminar, 2016
- Selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star designation each year from 2014 to 2018
- Recipient of the Lisa and Kolin Pimental Memorial Award for his Excellence in Domestic Violence Law
- Recipient of the Pro Bono Publico Award for his service to the Pro Bono Domestic Violence Program at Rutgers University School of Law
- Recipient of the Mary Philbrook Public Interest Awards from Rutgers University School of Law
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Ocean County Bar Association
- Chair of the Ocean County Bar Association Family Law Committee (current)
- Member of the Statewide Family Law Chairs ESP Committee (current)
- Member of the District IIIA Attorney Ethics Committee
- 2018 Pro bono/Community Service: South Jersey Legal Services – Family Assist Program volunteer attorney (ongoing)